Even though it is our hope that all of our children go on to live normal lives, sadly some do not. In an effort to serve the needs of families grieving the loss of their child to childhood cancer, Brighter Tomorrows respectively offers our newest program entitled Tomorrow’s Chapter ~ Bereavement Support for the Days to Come.
Parents who have lost a child oftentimes feel a part of them has died. The despair and pain that follow a child’s death is thought by many to exceed all other experiences. Simply put, parents are not supposed to outlive their children and no parent is prepared for a child’s death.
Tomorrow’s Chapter recognizes that you may find yourself on an emotional roller-coaster with no idea of what to expect next. You may have even experienced a few of the following.
- You wonder how someone can feel this much pain and survive.
- You wonder how this world can possibly go on like nothing has happened.
- You realize that grieving is exhausting and demanding work.
- Grieving parents experience considerable pain on special occasions, such as birthdays, holidays, or the anniversary of your child’s death.
- Members of your family can all grieve differently.
- You realize you must find ways to get through grief, not over it, to move on with your life.
- Each family member is forced to continue life’s journey in an individual manner..
Brighter Tomorrows recognizes that from the moment a child is diagnosed with cancer, throughout their treatment phase, and even to the unfortunate possibility of loss of life, there is a continuum of the life cycle. We strive to serve families in each walk of this journey and recognize that the death of a child is not where support of the family should end. As a matter of fact it’s a new chapter in life, it’s Tomorrow’s Chapter.
Some of the services offered by Tomorrow’s Chapter are:
- A support group is offered as driven by the needs of the group. A light dinner is also provided. Please contact us for meeting locations.
- Professional Speakers on Topics of Interest
- Social Events
- Family Retreats
- “Forever Remembered” Gift
If you are grieving the the loss of a child to childhood cancer, please contact us. We are waiting and willing to come alongside you as you continue this lifelong journey.